Monday, July 26, 2010

VCD- Tiananmen Square Protests Timeline

Beginning Graphic Design (Daniel Morgenthaler)
Summer 2010

The dot and the line: This project incorporates written and pictorial information of an actual occurrence into the sequential format of a book. I chose a historical event since there are facts and figures. I decided to work on the Tiananmen Square Protests, first because of my lack of knowledge on the exact events day-by-day, second because this topic is censored in Mainland China, which I personally believe that it shouldn't.

There are 16 pages in the book, and I designed it in a way that gives readers a clear and concise explanation of the dates of the events. The pages at the center are narrower than the first and last, so that readers have a flow of the dates, and can go back and forth.

Interior


No comments:

Post a Comment